If it involves some kind of fibre chances are I've at least tried it. This blog follows my adventures in sewing, dying, weaving, spinning, knitting and the rest. The best way to learn is by doing, well actually from learning from other peoples' mistakes, but when that isn't available...
Please, learn from my escapades!

Monday 25 April 2011

New blog, new beginning

I'm beginning this blog to specifically chart my projects in sewing, weaving, dying, spinning and the like.  Most of the projects will relate to the medieval re-creation but not all.  I hope you enjoy watching the progress of some of my more ridiculously sized projects.  If you're going to do something you might as well go all the way and make it big, right?
At the moment I'm working on some cosplay outfits from commission and I'll post pics when that's done.  I'm still weaving away a broken diamond twill on my warp weighted loom and that will be for an arts and science competition at the beginning of May.  I have a woolen A-Frame tent that I'm hand stitching that I need to pick back up.  My knitted Eleanora di Toledo stockings are slowly making progress.  I just got my hands on a four-shaft floor loom and as soon as the twill is done on my warp-weighted, I'm going to try setting up the floor loom.  I have a couple of techniques of tablet weaving that I've set up but haven't tried yet.  Hand stitching an early Irish leinne that I will be embroidering.  There are quite a few more projects in the brain but that's a good starter for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment