If it involves some kind of fibre chances are I've at least tried it. This blog follows my adventures in sewing, dying, weaving, spinning, knitting and the rest. The best way to learn is by doing, well actually from learning from other peoples' mistakes, but when that isn't available...
Please, learn from my escapades!

Friday 6 May 2011

warp weighted loom project

I just finished taking my lozenge twill/ broken diamond twill off of my warp weighted loom.  It's being washed gently after taking thorough measurements for warp and weft density, width and length of the fabric and amount of shrinkage.  Not as perfect as I would have liked but I learned a LOT on this project which makes me very happy.  I still have a nice size piece of weaving to use for its original purpose.  A front apron for my viking age costumes.  That'll be a cool demo/teaching piece.
I'm in the right range for threads per inch of that time although on the lower end of course.  My next plan is to do a simpler weave with my hand spun, which should give me a finer fabric than using commercial yarn.

1 comment: