If it involves some kind of fibre chances are I've at least tried it. This blog follows my adventures in sewing, dying, weaving, spinning, knitting and the rest. The best way to learn is by doing, well actually from learning from other peoples' mistakes, but when that isn't available...
Please, learn from my escapades!

Friday 26 August 2011

Knitting

So I'm reading through Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Workshop book (http://www.amazon.ca/dp/0942018001) and it's kind of a knit-a-long.  It asks you to knit a very large swatch for preparation for a sweater in the round.  I figured I'm knitting 5" in the round with 80 sts (stitches) so why not have some fun.  I need to wash the swatch so it's not like I can pull it out and reuse it for the sweater.  I thought, I need a new purse.  I love doing colour work and want to add it to the sweater.  A while back I found a chart for the Norwegian star pattern and added it to the 5" swatch.  Voila, a new purse after I line it and add a handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment