If it involves some kind of fibre chances are I've at least tried it. This blog follows my adventures in sewing, dying, weaving, spinning, knitting and the rest. The best way to learn is by doing, well actually from learning from other peoples' mistakes, but when that isn't available...
Please, learn from my escapades!

Monday 26 March 2012

socks

So I should be working on my Monmouth cap project what with the due date being about three weeks away but I've been procrastinating with something else.  I was judging the Golden Seamstress competition this past weekend and was inspired by a project by one of the teams.  The GS is a sewing competition and if you are curious to know more visit here:  http://expo-conv-svcs.com/QS/home.html

One of the teams did a recreation of the Ancient Finnish Costume from here:  www.vikinganswerlady.com/FTP.../Ancient_Finnish_Costumes.PDF

They included naalbind mittens and socks using a multi-colour spiral technique which I knew how to do but had not attempted yet.  So using a Finnish 2/2 F2 stitch I started some socks of my own.  The stitch goes pretty quick so it won't take long but I will have to put it aside and work on my bulky weight spinning for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment